The world will now be constrained between abc and xyz alphabets of abc.xyz!
Yes it happened! A child gave birth to its parent!
In just one press release the entire hierarchy of Google Inc. was shaken up. A huge announcement in its own, has left everyone curious and buzzing. For starters this newly found company will be called Alphabet! (Named Alphabet because it means a collection of letters that represent language, one of humanity’s most important innovations)
Foremost, Alphabet is going to be at the top of the hierarchy, which means it dethrones Google Inc. and absorbs all its stocks into Alphabet Inc. Alphabet Inc. will replace Google Inc. as the publicly-traded entity and all shares of Google will automatically convert into the same number of shares of Alphabet, with all of the same rights. Google will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alphabet. Yes, Alphabet means strict business! Google co-founder and now the new CEO of Alphabet, Larry Page in his blog on the new Alphabet website https://abc.xyz/ (and not alphabet.com which is owned by BMW, no they aren’t complaining about the traffic they are receiving) has announced the new hierarchy that will be hence followed for Alphabet.
Also In the major news Sergey Brin will direct Alphabet whereas Google will get a new CEO in the form of Indian origin Sundar Pichai. The creation of Alphabet has paved way for the founders to concentrate on management scaling. Alphabet is about businesses prospering through strong leaders and independence.
What will be a part of Alphabet -
- Calico (the folks who want you to live forever)
- Fiber (high speed internet)
- Google Ventures (venture capital business)
- Google Capital (investment fund)
- Google X (auto-driving cars, Google Glass, internet by balloon, moonshots)
- Life Sciences (the glucose-sensing contact lens people)
- Nest (smoke alarms, home cameras, thermostats & connected home devices)
What will remain a part of Google –
Alphabet’s new management –
- CEO: Larry Page
- President: Sergey Brin
- Executive Chairman: Eric E. Schmidt
- CFO: Ruth Porat
- Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Chief Legal Officer & Secretary: David C. Drummond
So while the letters will own the numbers. It is yet to be seen if Alphabet adheres to Google’s motto ‘don’t be evil’ or will it gulp down everything on the web and manifest it into lucrative business. Right now everyone is looking forward to witness this jaunt of Alphabet becoming the Alpha of Google Inc.